Work routines, buying habits, family life, and media consumption have all been palpably affected. These are all factors that need to be considered by small business owners who continue to advertise their goods and services during the crisis.
Before the current chaos, advertising on Charlotte radio, by any metric, was the best way a local small business could advertise.
For instance, pre-Coronavirus, 1.8 million adult consumers tuned-in to a Charlotte radio station every week. This is significantly more than watched local TV, read a newspaper, accessed social media, or streamed audio from sites like Pandora and Spotify.
New research released from Nielsen indicates that amidst the current crisis, listening to local radio remains little changed. This is great news for those Charlotte small business owners who are depending on advertising for their long-term survival.
Local radio, traditionally, has the largest share of its listening happen away-from-home. This includes in-office or in-car.
During the crisis, however, as consumers are sheltering-in-place, at-home listening has gained a more significant share.
Local radio has not only retained its audience during the current Coronavirus crisis, but consumers are also spending significantly more time each day listening.
Since the onset of the Coronavirus crises, the medium consumers are choosing to access local radio is shifting.
During the fourth week of March, consumers are now 45% more likely to listen to local radio via audio streams than on a traditional device.
Beginning in 1922, when WBT became the first station in Charlotte, small business owners have depended on local radio to market their goods and services through recessions, depressions, and natural disasters. Research indicates that AM/FM radio is still doing the job during the current crisis, as well.
More Advertising Advice For Charlotte Small Business Owners
- ROI: How Charlotte Small Business Owners Turn Dimes Into Dollars
- Charlotte Small Business Advice: Marketing During The Corona Crisis
- Charlotte Radio: Who's Listening During The Coronavirus Crisis
- Coronavirus: Advertising In Charlotte For Small Business Survival
- How Well Does Social Media Work For Charlotte Retailers?
- Keeping Your Charlotte Small Business Healthy During The Corona Crisis
- Local Non-Profit Drives Donations With Advertising On Charlotte Radio
- Charlotte Small Business Owners Grab A Big Slice Of Pizza Business
- Why Charlotte Mortgage Lenders And Brokers Need to Advertise Now