Today, though, advertisers have an over-abundance of marketing options both over-the-air and online. But every week, according to Nielsen, 1.5 million adults listen to a Charlotte radio station, giving the 101-year-old medium, by far, the biggest reach amongst local consumers.
A new report released last week by Nielsen underscores AM/FM radio's durable reach among all media.
As far as the ears are concerned, Nielsen points out that "AM/FM radio is the center of the audio universe" reaching nearly twice as many adults as streaming options.
The dominance of radio's reach among other audio media options is true regardless of the listener's age.
Not all listening to Charlotte radio happens on car radios, table-top radios, or boom boxes. Instead, local consumers also use their smartphones, computers, and tablets as a way to connect to their favorite local stations.Neilsen finds that 23.4% of all consumers who listen to a Charlotte radio station over the air will, at some point during the month, also connect to a local station via the internet. As a matter of fact, during a typical hour, Nielsen data suggests that 8.5% of a station's total audience is listening on a device other than a traditional receiver.
More Advertising Advice For Charlotte Small Business Owners
- Advertise In Charlotte: Online Listening Boosts Audience For AM/FM
- Smart Speaker Usage in Charlotte: A Conversation With Alexa
- Advertising On Charlotte TV: Where Have The Viewers Gone?
- Advertising On Charlotte Radio Still #1 Way to Reach Consumers
- Father's Day 2022: Charlotte Consumers Will Spend $170 Million
- Television Advertising In Charlotte: What Are Consumers Watching?
- Charlotte Radio Listeners Lead The Return To 'Normal'
- Advertise In Charlotte: How To Book Guests For A Podcast