- $58 million worth of diamonds
- $20 million worth of watches
- $13 million worth of gold
- $16 million worth of pearls and gemstones
- $29 million in other goods and services
Charlotte area business owners will now have an easier time capturing a bigger share of jewelry expenditures as a monster competitive force disappears.
This week, Signet, the largest jewelry retailer in the country, announced that by December, it would be closing over 380 stores. Signet's brands familiar to North Carolina consumers include Kay, Jared, Zales, and Piercing Pagoda.
To successfully compete for the void created by fewer Signet stores, local retailers will need to advertise, especially between now and the end of the year. This is when 63% of all fine-jewelry sales traditionally occur.
By any metric, the best way to reach local jewelry buyers is by advertising on Charlotte radio.
Each week, Charlotte radio reaches significantly more jewelry buyers than all other media options. More than local or pay-TV. More than social media. More than newspaper. And, more than streaming audio sites like Pandora or Spotify.
The most lucrative segment of the market for any jewelry store, however, is their bridal business. Engagement rings, wedding rings, and gifts can account for up to 40% of annual sales.
Charlotte radio also reaches, by far, the most consumers planning to be married within the next 12 months.
Of all media, advertising on Charlotte radio can provide any retailer, including local jewelry stores, with a remarkably strong return-on-investment.
Nielsen has conducted more than 20 studies measuring the ROI radio advertising delivers. Across all business types, radio returned $1000 in sales for every $100 invested, or 10%. The results specifically for retailers ranged from 11%-23%.
Local jewelers have fewer than six months to make a difference in their sales for the rest of the year. Now is the time to shine.
More Advertising Advice For Charlotte Small Business Owners
- Charlotte Radio Listeners Will Power The Post-Pandemic Recovery
- Best Way A Charlotte Small Business Can Be Re-Introduced To Consumers
- Traffic In Charlotte Is Picking-Up. Is Your Small Business Ready?
- What Happens When A Charlotte Small Business Stops Advertising?
- Why Charlotte Real Estate Agents Need To Advertise Now
- Who'll Be Buying When Charlotte Small Businesses Reopen?